Tugboat Willem is a real moviestar. She had a roll in the movie “The Hell of ’63”, together with the ZK-4 from the fishing museum. Below an excerpt from the film:
The shooting for this film, which is situated in the very cold winter of 1963, took place in April 2009 (with temperatures of 14°C). Take a look at the pictures below to find out how they did that.
Check the next (Dutch) websites if you are interested in more pictures:
Sleepboot Willem Reserveren/Tugboat Willem Reservations
Number of persons – Number of nights – 1 week (7 nights)
Prices are per night and include breakfast and tourist tax.
- Embarking is possible from 15.00 hour, on your departure day you can stay on board until 11.00 hour.
- Minimal age is 18 years or older
- Pets are not allowed
- The ship is 24 hours per day accessible
- On the ship smoking is prohibited and the use of candles or open fire is not allowed
- Breakfast time in consultation
Beware: Tugboat Willem still remains a sailing ship and is therefore poorly accessible for disabled people. On board you may encounter rails, steps, stairs and low passages.