In the Reitdiep, just before the “Big Lock” of Zoutkamp, you find the in 1930 build Tugboat Willem. The boat is built at the shipyard Velthuijzen in Zaandam. At the other site of the old dyke of this historical fishing village, you’ll find National Park Lauwersmeer. About ten nautical miles to the north, the Waddensea shows all her beauty. We offer you the possibility of an unique and unforgettable stay at our Tugboat Willem. This historical tugboat and “sailing monument” is refurbished as a Bed&Breakfast and houses many conveniences.
Tugboat Willem is suitable for two persons and offers the following facilities:
- Stern cabin with a double bed
- Engine room with a nostalgic ships engine and a variety of old elements
- Stem cabin with table and a cozy corner
- Countertop with coffee-maker and kettle
- Wheelhouse with old ships-elements and bench with a beautiful view over the Reitdiep
- Central heating
Linen and towels are at your disposal.
In a word a very special stay and experience which lets you escape from daily life.
Beware: Tugboat Willem still remains a sailing ship and is therefore poorly accessible for disabled people. On board you may encounter rails, steps, stairs and low passages.